Win at Checkers
© 1941, Millard Hopper
© 1956, Dover Publications, Inc.
Dover Publications, New York
Revised publication of Checkers, All the Answers on the Art of Successful Checker Playing
Opening Line: “Just to give you an idea of how
one of my students becomes transformed from a ‘hit-and-miss’ checker
player into a competent devotee of the game, consider the following...”
Table of Contents:
- A Review of the General Principles of the Game
- What are the Experts’ Shots and Traps?
- How the Beginner Loses
- What are the Standard Openings of Checkers?
- How Can You Locate Your Best Move?
- Checker Brain Teasers
- The End Game
- Some Opening “Blitzkriegs”
- Ways to Draw with a Man Down
- What are the “Two” and “Three-Move” Restrictions?
- Final Advice to the Student
- “The Standard Laws of Checkers”