- Nim is an ancient game. There are a number of variations and you can play it
with bones, skulls, or anything else you happen to have lying around the house.
- Yes, well. It’s a bit macabre.
- Who moves first?
- You do.
- How do I play?
- You pick up one, two, or three skulls at a turn (click on a skull to pick
it). Press the “rest” button when you’re done with your turn.
- How do I win?
- The winner (in this variation) is the player that forces the other player to
pick up the last skull. I.e., if you pick up the last skull, you lose.
- Does the computer always win?
- Nim is fairly deterministic—its actually more of a puzzle than a game. Once
you’ve solved the puzzle, you can win every time.
- But what’s the answer?
- Here’s a clue.